1 pound pre-cooked chicken strips, defrosted
3 slices bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Butter (or butter spray to grease the pan with)
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 pound bacon
1 large head romaine lettuce leaves, torn into bite size pieces
1 (8 ounce) bottle Caesar salad dressing
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 package pita pockets, halved
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Place bread cubes on a baking sheet. Grease the pan with butter (or butter spray); sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley.
- Bake bread cubes in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Turn cubes; grease the pan again with butter (or butter spray) and sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley. Bake another 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. Remove croutons, and let cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly browned and crispy. Remove bacon from skillet, drain on paper towels and crumble.
Combine chicken, bacon, lettuce, and croutons in a large bowl. Toss with Caesar salad dressing and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss again. Cut the Dempster’s Pita Pockets into halves, spoon salad mixture into each half and serve.
** If you don’t want to use pre-cooked, packaged chicken strips, use
- 1 pound of skinless, boneless, chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Place chicken in a saucepan with garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary; add water, enough to cover the chicken. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is fully cooked. Let cool and cut into strips.