September is fabulous, it is the best time of the year as the kids are back at school. That is until you are looking or rather staring in your fridge at night and deciding what healthy lunch to pack for your kids, many times I will open and close the fridge hoping that something will magically appear. Dempster’s has created the “Lunch Box Inspirations” where real Canadian Moms are sharing their own tips and ideas and inspiring other to create those healthy lunches.
WonderMoms test drove a Dempster’s recipe. We picked a healthy Devillicious Egg Sandwich, it was a snap to make. While I was cooking dinner I boiled the eggs, and by the time dinner was finished and the kitchen was clean the eggs were cooled off. We were ready whip up the tasty recipe. Practically everything in the recipe you have in your fridge as a staple, eggs, mayo and fabulous gherkins. This sandwich was prepared in less than 5 minutes and looks pretty divine when presented.
Follow this simple recipe
- 2 Hard boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped gherkins
- Pinch salt, pepper and paprika
- 2 Lettuce leaves
- 4 Slices DEMPSTER’S® SMART™ White Made with 16 Whole Grains Bread
- MASH eggs with mayonnaise, green onion, gherkins, salt, pepper and paprika until well combined.
- TOP 2 slices of bread with lettuce and divide egg mixture over each.
- TOP with remaining slices of bread to make sandwiches. Serve immediately.