Since my kids can be picky about their lunch foods, sometimes I like to make them a breakfast sandwich to have in their lunch. They like eggs, and they prefer bagels to bread, so it works out well to do this!
- 1 Dempsters Bagel
- 1 Egg
- 1 slice processed cheese
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp onion chopped finely so the kids don’t notice…it adds flavor that they prefer, but they think they don’t like onion
- 1 tomato slice cut in small cubes
- 1/3 cup of cooked ham, cubed
- Mix the egg with the onion, tomato and ham and fry them.
- Toast the bagel.
- Put the mayonnaise on both sides of the bagel.
- Put the cooked egg mixture on the bagel, and the slice of cheese on top and you have a breakfast sandwich!
If you can wrap it in foil, this is the best way to keep it hot, but if you can’t do that due to a garbageless lunch rule, put it in a container and wrap a clean dish towel around it to keep the heat in.